Monday, June 4, 2007

The Answer

I was very pleased that Fred Bronson decided to post my question along with a response. Here's what he had to say:

I don't think we've seen the end of the story yet. While the digital downloads were available immediately after the show, neither Jordin Sparks nor Blake Lewis have their label deals finalized yet, though both will be signed and both will be in the Sony BMG family. I expect announcements any moment, as I know which labels are their intended homes, and the news could be posted even before Chart Beat Chat goes online.While I don't know for certain, I would expect their respective labels to release physical singles, especially given the track record of previous "Idol" winners and runners-up. So Jordin's "This Is My Now" and Blake's "You Give Love a Bad Name" could still sell in the hundreds of thousands, and could still compete for No. 1 on the Hot 100.

No comments: