Saturday, December 11, 2010

Artists of the Year - Taio Cruz

This is the first in a series of entries where I will be listing my favorite artists of 2010. I hope you enjoy it!

Taio Cruz:

2010 got off to a very slow start where all the best music on the radio at the start of the year was holdovers from 2009. Things were looking quite bleak and I was getting close to accepting that 2010 was just going to be the end of my being able to find and enjoy new hit music every year. I was so happy when that ended up not being the case when Taio Cruz burst onto the scene with the exhilerating club dance beats on his #1 smash Break Your Heart. It was like the dark clouds were clearing to reveal the bright and colorful spotlights on a million mirrored disco balls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_SI2EDM6Lo

And it was even better when Taio showed that he's not going to settle for being a one hit wonder when the exhuberant sounds of his follow up song Dynamite started to get airplay. This song became THE definitive dancefloor anthem of the year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vysgv7qVYTo

Who knows what's in store for Taio Cruz in 2011, but he will always go down in history as one of my favorite artists of 2010. :)

No comments: