Sunday, April 5, 2009

Entertainer of the Year!

The Supreme Miss American Idol, Season Four winner, Carrie Underwood has done it again!! She is continuing to add more and more awards to her collection. Tonight it was on the Academy of Country Music Awards.

She performed on the show twice and she had three costume changes. The first time she sang All American Girl in a beautiful short white dress that showed off her amazing legs. The second time she exuded class as she flawlessly performed her current hit single I Told You So. She stood center stage dressed in a grand red gown that surrounded her like fabulous rose petals.

After these two showstopping crowd pleasers it's no surprise that Carrie was first called up to the stage to accept the award for Female Vocalist of the Year. The next time she graced the stage I'm sure it came as a surprise to some. With top notch competition like George Strait, Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley and Keith Urban who would have thought that Carrie Underwood would rise above them all and be named ENTERTAINER OF THE YEAR!!!!!

I had no doubt in my mind that she would win. :)

Carrie continues to set the standard and raise the bar for all American Idol finalists to live up to. It's unlikely that any will ever get close to achieving her status, but let's hope they never stop trying!

2 comments:

stevend75@hotmail.com said...

YAY for Carrie!!

I was so worried that Taylor Swift would have stolen the VOCAL award from Carrie Underwood. She’s really grown to such a powerful singer and delivers her songs like a true performer. She’s earned all the kudos and tributes that keep coming her way and will go down in history as one of the three best Idol contestants ever. I thought that red dress reminded me of the one that Kelly Clarkson wore on her “My December” album. It seem who’ ever is touched with that dress makes gold out of anything!!

MusicFan said...

I love how you say "one of the three"!! You crack me up. :)

I think somewhere inside you are able to acknowledge that Carrie is the #1 best Idol ever.

You may not be ready to admit it yet, but I think you'll get there.