Friday, November 2, 2007

The Carnival Ride Continues...

I have not even had the chance to get tired of listening to Leann's wonderful new album (as if that could ever happen!) and now I am in the position of having to choose if I will play Family again or switch to Carrie Underwood's Carnival Ride. Both have been in heavy rotation since they came out and I have been loving every second.

Just like I predicted months ago, Carrie did successfully achieve her biggest one week sales ever with 527,000 sold! It's the biggest one week sales for any female artist this year. And her first album, Some Hearts, is still continuing to show sales gains.

Miss American Idol 2007, Jordin Sparks, has some high expectations to live up to. I'm still upset that she will go down in history as the first American Idol winner to NOT have her winning song hit #1 in the Billboard HOT 100 singles chart. She's now in the position of needing to make up for lost time. Her debut album will be released November 20th and I will be there first in line to buy it and show my support for her. The first single, Tattoo, is taking a slow climb up the HOT 100. It's up a few notches this week to #34 and the video hasn't even come out yet. Hopefully once the video starts getting airplay on MTV and VH1, the radio airplay and sales will pick up. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

I still haven't heard the first single from the debut album of Blake Lewis. All I know is that it is supposed to be called Audio Day Dream and it should be in stores on December 4th. The anticipation is building....

December 4th was supposed to be the release date of the sweet soul odyssey of new music from Mariah Carey. That date has now been pushed back to February, but Mariah has been telling fans that she is excited about all of us hearing her new music. She has promised that a new single is on the way very soon. I can't wait!!!!!

No comments: