Friday, July 6, 2007

Fantasia, Tayor and Kelly

I bought the latest Fantasia CD finally. It's been out since December 2006 and I decided to give it a chance. I'm glad to add it to my collection. It's a great edgy collection of R&B jams. One of the songs could be ready to crossover to the pop charts. The track When I See U is #1 on the R&B chart. It's a song that follows the formula set by Mariah Carey's We Belong Together. Mary J. Blige copied it last year with Be Without You and now Fantasia is having success with it. Good stuff. :)

Have any of you bought the Taylor Hicks CD? I have it and I think it is pretty good. There's some funky songs on it that have a good beat and some energy. If you haven't given it a chance, I am suggesting that you do. Why do you think that after he was crowned the Season Five Miss American Idol with the highest amount of people calling in for him, the Soul Patrol hasn't gone into the stores and bought his CD?

The first week numbers regarding Kelly Clarkson are in from Billboard. Here's what they had to say:

In a battle between two top-selling female acts, Miley Cyrus triumphed over Kelly Clarkson to score the No. 1 position on The Billboard 200 with the confusingly titled double album "Hannah Montana 2 (Soundtrack)/Meet Miley Cyrus." The Disney project sold a whopping 326,000 units in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Clarkson's embattled "My December" (RCA) opened at No. 2 with 291,000.

A Debut at #2 is nothing to be ashamed of. What do you guys think?

No comments: